From March 15, 2010 on, the Canadian citizenship test is based on a new study guide: ‘Discover Canada”. Compared with the old study guide ‘A Look at Canada’, it is a more comprehensive document. If you have studied the old book but now you are required to take the new test, here is a list of the new content that you should pay attention to:
1. More details about the Canadian history. It has a section of more than 10 pages about the history of Canada and 4 pages about Modern Canada. It describes the Aboriginal peoples, British and French as the founding people of Canada. Canada’s role in two world wars is detailed. Many histroic people are introduced so you may have more names to remember before sitting for the test. It is interesting to see that the study guide admits the historic wrongdoings of the Canadian government, such as the “Head Tax”, wartime wrongs inflicted on Japanese and education of Aboriginal children.
2. There are wording changes about the Canadian government, though the concepts are mainly the same. In the old book, it states Canada’s government has a system of parliamentary government. It is now in the new book as “a federal state, a parliamentary democracy and a constitutional monarchy.”
3. The concept of Sovereign is emphasized in the new book. A bill must be finally approved by ‘royal assent’.
4. The section about federal election is mostly unchanged except for the election cycle. In 2007, new laws passed to force a general election at least every 4 years and has a fixed date. The new book reflects this lastest change in legislation.
5. Justice System is the new content not seen in the old book, so you must know about it.
6. Canada Regions are now in more details. The new book covers each province/territory separately. Therefore, you must know at least the region you are in.
7. Canadian symbols now include “Coat of Arm and Motto”, honours to Canadians, sports and holidays.
If you are preparing for the Canadian citizenship test after March 15, 2010, you can use a good online practice web site which provides practice questions of the New Canadian Citizenship Test.
US Citizenship Application for people to apply for their American citizenship and prepare for the US Citizenship Test.
Crystal jewelry, necklaces, crystal earrings, ring crystal bracelets